Wilmink's history begins as early as 1896 with the establishment of the Wilmink shipyard at the Winschoterdiep canal in Groningen, The Netherlands. In 1933 Wilmink started selling engine parts and developed into a trading company.
With the establishment of WM Techniek in 1986, Wilmink also entered the Belgian and Luxembourg markets and in the years that followed the company grew into the international trading company Wilmink Group, specialising in engine parts for petrol, diesel and gas engines for the most diverse applications.
1896: Establishment of shipyard
1920: Production of own engine parts
1933: Sales of engine parts on commission
1970: Sales from own stock
1998: Creation of MasterTurbo
2003: Introduction of private label Kikumoto
2005: Start of sales of engine management parts
2012: Start of Wilmink Performance
2016: TecDoc and AlDoc web shops
2020: Introduction of new e-commerce platform
2022: Milestone of more than 1 million items in the range